Thursday, November 10, 2005

Marred Wednesday

I went to AA! Guess what? There are drunks there.

Yeah, when I admit to being a drunk, that's not really what I mean. I mean high class alcoholic, not smelly scary drunk. I was frightened and disgusted; and I left. Just the sight of them scared me straight. (Now Appearing - One Night Only - Vig! Sober!)

What was I thinking? Well, the meeting place and the meeting itself was described as the "Peaceful Elegant Sobriety Club", so I thought I'd see other southern bells like myself (only I'm a top.) But, no. . . they hadn't washed! Ever! Everybody, and everything, had a five o'clock shadow and a cigarette. Even the walls and windows needed a shave and an ashtray.

I was pretty happy when Rolf got home. I even met him at the door with a kiss . . . aw . . . me and d'Ohgy wagging our tails. . . with no hint that I would lose my temper just five minutes later! Oh, the tumultuous life of men in love. . . and you thought it was easy. . .HA!. . .

Yeah. . .I'm making his dinner (Salad, Vegetable extravaganza from yesterday, omelets, and sauteed watercress. . . I know I know. . .it's Google's fault. You see, the watercress; he bought for the Tea we had on Sunday. And I had just read an article about cooking with Google in the Post [registration req.,] so, I was googling all the crazy stuff I had in the fridge and I found out that watercress is actually a type of food. . . Who knew?)

So. . .dinner. . .he comes in (poor boy, he has no clue what's about to happen) and says that his brother may crash at our place after the night shift at the Post. He says "You have to leave a key for him. . . and don't leave that rainbow key. ." then this turns into a diatribe with "you fucking idiot implied at every turn - only he doesn't curse. "Not the rainbow key because it sticks and you always leave people the damn rainbow key and how can you be so fucking stupid to leave the damn rainbow key and when you left the damn rainbow key for my damn sister in law they couldn't get in the house for 15 fucking minutes how could you be so stupid" or something like that. Only you have to remove all the curse words, and remember that the word "stupid" is only implied, not stated. . a lot of the other words too, then it would be more accurate, because I told him to SHUT UP before he finished.

"Shut up, and keep your damn mouth closed. Sorry about that, but obviously you talking to me just isn't going to work tonight." Bon appétit!

I set dinner out, and he picked his up and left. I looked at his back as he walked out of the room and shouted "Bye!"

Is it debatable who ruined the evening? I don't think so. If you start in on a diatribe around me, you can just stick it up your ass.

La la la - still I didn't have a drink! And I didn't pick a fight either. I got laundry done, dishes washed, the dog walked, watched a great movie, and even managed to be nice to him even though he didn't apologize. He may think we're even, maybe. . . Whatever - its the same, predictible life we love. (?) Curled up in a hammock at sunset like puppies in love one day, high- pressure silent deaththreats the next. Fun times.

Mom's test was postponed; it is today.

All the best,
Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home