Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Nothing much

Tuesday morning, and all is well. It turned out to be a Four Party Weekend instead of Three!

Puck and Memae's housewarming was wonderful. My international chili was received with rave reviews. I'm still working out how to reduce the liquid in it, but it is really a good recipe.

I took plenty of Plegrino along. (That is a type of sparkling mineral water, similar to Perrier.) And that's what I drank mostly, although I did have two glasses of wine toward the end of the evening.

Even before I had anything to drink, I really had a remarkably good time . I forced myself to "act as if" my social anxiety was relaxed: imagining how I would behave if I had been drinking. It could have just been the wonderfully funny people, but I found that I was laughing and talking so much more comfortably. And without the worry that I was going to make an alcohol induced fool of myself. I really thought I was having a better time because I wasn't drinking. And then I had a couple of glasses of wine anyway. . .Who'da thunk?

Sunday, I had Puck and her Mom and her friend over to brunch. It totally made up for the fiasco from Friday night, when (because Rolf and I, plus everybody else were late, and the terrible service at Annie's Paramount Steakhouse) we abandoned them at the restaurant and they missed the show. It felt like we abandoned them, anyway. . .brunch. . .fun. . . Beautiful weather. Stunning views out of my house of the park and lake . . . a delight and priveledge to have these guests in my home. . .

followed by a nap. . .

Then Rolf and I were the honored guests at a dinner party thrown by Judy, the star of Ruthless, The Musical! that I directed this year. It was just the four of us, (Judy's boyfriend (fiance?) was there, too.) I also drank mostly the Pelligrino there two, along with two glasses of wine.

I just feel so grateful that I have so many friends.

Last night, Monday, I worked toward my goal of settling into the house. (We've been there a few years, but I became so busy with theater, while we were building a storage space downstairs, so there is still a lot of painting, decorating, and organization to do. My goal was to have the house look like it could sell by Thanksgiving. I've accomplished a whole lot, but I still have to move my goal date to my birthday, Jan. 28.)

The good news is: I did not drink. I knew I was going to drink wine at the party on Saturday, but I did not overindulge.

All the best,
Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home