Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The CAT Scan was indecisive. The first scan, called a PET Scan, is, I gather, the perfect equipment to detect tumors of the rare type of cancer that she had last time. It's called Carcinoid.

Joy is excited that the CAT Scan was indecisive. I didn't get that read from my mom. My quick Internet search makes me think that we will find there is a tumor, perhaps it is very tiny. And that it will be of the Carcinoid type - which is very (perhaps extremely) slow growing. I am also under the impression that people live with this cancer for decades.

We may not know more for weeks. The CAT Scan and the PET Scan plates are going to be compared next. I bet they say that the Cat Scan was a waste of resources since it doesn't pick up this type of cancer.

Wait and see. . .

All the best,
Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home