Sunday, October 28, 2007

Get up at dawn and start again

My goodness. It's after noon already. Two cups of coffee, fed the dog; now crashed out on the couch listening to the leaves rustle in the wind and watching a steady trickle of cyclists on the trail by the lake.

Two shows down now too. It is a very good show. There was a train wreck on Friday; but it was minor, no casualties.

Let's see. What did I do.

In "Shiksa Goddess" I repeated the line "If you had a tattoo" in the last verse, rather than the correct lyric "If you had a pierced tongue". But got the rest of the lyric right. No harm done.

Big trouble in "Moving too fast" - Right up front. I'm supposed to sing
I'm gliding smooth as a figure skater
I'm riding hot as a rocket blast
I just expected it ten years later
I've got a singular sensation things are moving too fast

And you say "Oh, No! Step on the brakes, do what ever it takes, but stop this train.
Slow! Slow! The light's turning red . . ."
But I say: No no what ever I do I barrel on through and I don't complain
I sang:

I'm gliding smooth as a figure skater
I'm riding hot as a rocket blast
I just expected it ten years later
I've got a singular sensation things are moving too fast

shiszedil ableac dka blah asssttl a;sdlkdpllsft lasthast alskdfrjjwoac,c asd asd n;aseicib 'asaqznvkaslcc,c,c, a
But I say: No no what ever I do I barrel on through and I don't complain
Yeah. Fun times.

Then, during "Schmuel" I'm supposed to sing

Schmuel would work 'til half-past ten at his tailor shop in Klimovich
Get up at dawn and start again, with the pins and hems and twist
Forty-one years had come and gone at his tailor shop in Klimovich
Watching the winters soldier on, there was one thing Schmuel missed.


I sang:

Schmuel would work at his tailor shop at his tailor shop in Klimovich
Get up at dawn and start again, with the pins and hems and twist
Forty-one years he soldiered on at his tailor shop in Klimovich
Watching the winter's come and to, there was one thing Schmuel missed.


Not too bad. But that's the first verse of seventeen, so I was shaking through the rest of it. And nearly broke down in tears on the last note - BECAUSE I MADE IT THROUGH!

Next song is the wedding song and proposal. We're supposed to be sitting together in Central Park. In actuality, I'm sitting alone on stage pretending she is sitting next to me, and pointing to buildings on Central Park West.

My lyrics are supposed to be:

No, that one's Jerry Seinfeld.
That one's John Lennon there.
No, the Dakota,
The San Remo is up a few blocks . . .

I blanked on John Lennon. So I said Paul Newman instead.

Other than that, there weren't any more fuck-ups on opening night. There were a lot of mesmerizing moments and the full house gave us a standing ovation.

So, big whoop. You know what, this is a good show. I am proud of it, but it hasn't been so much fun yet. Being alone, Janice and I don't get to hang out together, because we're alternating times on stage.

Anyway, last night was error free. Tonight should be good too. I hope we have a nice house to perform too. We had 40 there opening night, and that was a full house, but I think we had only about 28 there last night. And Sunday is ususaly the hard sell. I really hope that some of the calls and emails I made will result in some more people tonight. I'm afraid that next weekend will be oversold.

All the best,
Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home