Wednesday, October 24, 2007

All That I Ask For

Rehearsal sucked last night. I sucked. I screwed up something in every song I did. I either fucked up the lyrics or paused just long enough to gather my wits, that the pianist got way ahead of me . . . and then there are the times when I was to nervous to hold a note for 12 beats, so I got way ahead of the pianist.

This could me a nightmare.

But, It will probably be brilliant. That's what rehearsals are for right? Except dress rehearsal is tomorrow, and I thought I was much secure than I am.

So - work and study - study and work - and study, study, study.

I don't know what happened. I know this stuff! But I was singing things in the wrong order, jumping ahead, getting distracted by furniture and new blocking. Stop to think about where to put a chair, and you're not thinking about the lyrics anymore. And it just keeps rolling on, whether or not I'm riding the wave, or under it.

Sheesh!

Hope your day's grand!

Vig

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Musicguy said...

rehearsals are supposed to suck, especially as you get close to showtime. I don't know why it must be that way, but it is. Break a leg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home