Monday, October 01, 2007

Forty-one Seasons of Dreams

I had a really nice weekend. Rolf wouldn't come with me, and as it turned out, pissed off as I had been; I was glad at the end. I spent ten hours over the two days rehearsing on the beach, and watching me sing to the fish wouldn't have distracted him from the myriad of chores he seemingly fruitlessly obsesses about. (Take that, you.)

Bailey is still in recovery (that's the main reason he didn't want to go out of town), although we're now letting her off the leash in the backyard. But she's having bladder problems; we don't know what's brought that on. Luckily, she wasn't on our upstairs furniture, although she was on the cast-off sofa downstairs. Now, it's really going to be cast off. I'm looking for a Craig's List replacement, for free or cheap! That couch really was the pits anyway.

So, I don't know. I didn't drink - Of course it crossed my mind, mostly after Rolf called to "check" on me, which pissed me off - because I was trying to find my wallet, which I'd lost, and still make it to an AA meeting that was starting in less than 30 minutes. So, I brushed him off the phone, and drove to the church, over on Olive Street, and found a parking space right under a street lamp - which was great, because then I could finally see well enough to find my wallet. I swear, I thought I'd dropped it on the beach, or it was stolen.

Anyway. It was a 7:30 meeting, in a Summer Town - and there were only four of us there. Two more joined us later. The group name is Gay Joyous and Free, I thought he said it was Gay Fabulous and Free. They try to keep it going in the off season, and I'm glad they did, because it was me - with my third 24 hour chip, plus a young man who's just gotten out of detox that morning, his lover - and then we were joined by two lesbians - one who'd just gotten out of detox herself (the two were very happy to see each other again), and her lover. So, this one guy led the meeting for me and these other two newbies; and I really appreciate it. I'd have been drunk by 8:15 if they hadn't been there.

Instead, I went back to the house and watched Young Frankenstein with a few friends, and laughed my ass off. Made it to bed sober, and was back on the beach by 11, clear headed and rehearsing because I didn't have a hang over and hadn't overslept.

That made for a very good day.

And I know the lyrics to all the songs!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Sounds like a good weekend. And good job on staying sober. Keep it up!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Vig said...

Thanks, I'm giving it a shot. ooh, bad choice of words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home