Friday, September 28, 2007

Pissing the Night Away

MTV Will Now Air Legally Blonde, the Musical on October 13 at 1PM


And now to today's blog.

I'm going for my 24 hour AA chip today. It will be my third. I'd like a set of six; I'll use them as coasters.

At that impromptu party last weekend, I may have lost a friend. What would you do if you were NGN? I made dinner, he brought Skyy Vodka. I drank Burnett's Vodka instead because it was downstairs where I was cooking. But before he left, I poured a noticeable amount from his to mine. When he said "Wow - there's a lot less in here than I thought." I said: "What did you think we were drinking? Water?"

In fact I was drinking about 4-6 ounces of vodka on ice at a time.

I am told that I said to Rolf that I took it "FOR SERVICES RENDERED!"

Yeah, I love how alcoholism brings out the asshole thief in me. Party!

_______

Other alcoholic related events: I added, and then canceled an extra rehearsal on Wednesday. I decided that it was my only night off, and since Rolf had geezerball; I couldn't sluff walking Bailey on him. And I needed to do my Last Five Years homework, well, at home.

I started drinking early. I was home by 4:45, having left work early and made it to the farmer's market. I made myself a proper martini (oh, no, not proper . . . it was still vodka, but I actually used Vermouth - which makes it a cocktail instead of a couple of shots.) Then I walked Bailey by the lake. Frankly the drink on an empty stomach went to my head a little. Otherwise I don't think I would have talked the very fit older Latino couple into walking my dog for me, so I could observe and see how badly she is limping.

Then I made myself a couple of end-of-summer heirloom tomato sandwiches, with a glass of milk. And off I went to get my hair done. I was early, so I stopped by the Liquor Store and bought myself a bottle of vodka, and a small Skyy Vodka for NGN, plus a single serve bottle of Skyy, which I drank in my parked car before getting my hair cut.

Yeah. An hour later, driving home; would I have passed a breathalyser test?

SideNote; I looked good in the hairdresser's chair. I was very excited that you can see my weight loss in the mirror.

So, home by 7:15. I made myself another martini. Rolf wasn't home from work yet, so I checked to see if he had washed his geezerball outfit, and finding he hadn't I did a load of laundry. Then a load of dishes. Made another martini. Set TiVo up to record "Bionic Woman", fed Bailey, made myself a quick Roasted Red Pepper, Summer Squash, Eggplant, Onion, and Roasted Tomato Ragu that I served over Polenta sauteed in olive oil, opened a bottle of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, and settled in to watch an hour of TV. Which turned into two hours of TV, and half a bottle of wine.

Rolf got home from geezerball at 10:15, ready to play. But I kept on drinking my wine and watching TV until I was too tired to stay up anymore.

Yep - no sex. AND NO REHEARSAL.

And I am really beating myself up.

whatever.

I did something good. After rehearsal last night, I called an alcoholic friend on the way home, which steeled my resolve to not have a glass of wine and two martinis before I went to bed. So, yay; I can get another 24 hour chip today. Woo-hoo.

V.