Sunday, September 23, 2007

It is 10:15 Sunday Morning, and it's getting hot. That nice breeze feels pretty good. I'm out in the back yard, sitting in one of the chairs of my new patio set. Enough leaves have fallen from the trees so I can see the lake a little bit. And I can see the form of a runner on the trail. I have a large cup of coffee, and I think I'm getting sunburned on my arm. The crickets are louder than the beltway traffic, and rustling of the canopy of leaves, but I can still hear the footfalls of joggers on the path, and ladies talking as they walk their dogs.

Rolf is still asleep. I think we're going to have another nice day. We're going to see the Redskins Vs. the Eagles today. It's a 4 O'clock game, so there's no rush to get ready yet. I had started to get ready yesterday, all my shopping was geared toward the preparation of tail-gate food - but then Puck called me, just as Nearly Gay Nick called Rolf to see what we were doing, and before you know it Puck and I'd finished putting the patio set together, and we were all out here having Scallops and bacon hor's d'ourves.

Rolf and I took Friday off because we had to go to court for the case of The Commonwealth of Virginia vs. Jerk neighbor who is negligent in protecting society from his vicious dog. But, he didn't show up - he had his lawyer there to ask for a continuance. Asshole.

I've spoken to five people now, three of them yesterday, who have direct knowledge of Sunshine biting other dogs, and one person who was witness to Sunshine biting a jogger on the trail. Now I have to meet with my lawyer and find out how to have them give a deposition to be considered next time we go to court - and of course, when we go to sue him.

So, Rolf and I were home from court by noon on Friday, and we took the day off. We stumbled on this patio set at K-Mart where we'd gone to get a weight bar for our workout nook. Instead we got this wonderful set - the first new outdoor furniture I've ever bought, and it's Martha Stewart, and it was only Two Hundred Dollars! Yep, 75% off!

AND we bought tennis racquet's!

We put two of the chairs together when we got home. We were sitting on the driveway, Rolf looks down at my assemblage of chair hardware and says:

"C-Clamp. C-Clamp. "

I didn't get what he was saying. I was looking at a c-clamp; I was missing a washer, yes.

"You forgot the C-clamp."

"OH, Ok. Any noun will do I guess," as I pick up a washer.

"What do you mean any noun will do" he laughed. "You're missing the other c-clamp! I'm not that bad. . . Any noun will do."

Laughing, I realized my mistake and found my other c-clamp . . . Rolf still chiding me . . . "I'm not so old that I can't find a good noun . . . "

Then I look at his finished work, and notice that he, too, had forgotten the c-clamp. Oh My God, The look on his face after I said

"Speaking of c-clamp"

and he looked down at his connections and realized that one was missing too. I think that I laughed for an hour.

After we had the chairs together, and had a few cokes, we actually went and played tennis! And I did really well! Rolf says I did exceptionally well, considering that I haven't played in twenty-five years. I hope we can go play again today. I'm going to go wake him up to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home