Friday, March 16, 2007

Yummy Yummy Yummy I Got Love in My Tummy

Some of ya'll would wish you had my job. I swear. But I hate it. Oy, what a waste. I did nothing. Mostly. And I feel so guilty. Or, I did, but then I had a bottle of wine.

Thank God For Friday!

You know, I never told about the week. My uncle Casey, who looks like a cross between my beloved grandmother Deboeuf, and Ronald Reagan, and is my favorite Uncle, even though he won't be in the same room with me. Yeah, well he came to Russ's wedding.

There's good news about Mama. Not so good about Daddy - but that is kinda old news, 'cept I never told you. It's ok. And I didn't drink for eight days. I got bored at Russ's wedding, and decided to heck with it. So I had a few, and got cut off by Rolf when I suggested how much fun it would be to put an ice cube down my ex-brother-in-law's new wife's dress.

Anyhoo . . .

It was a wonderful wedding. I am so happy. We all are. I've got a couple or three stories I hope I'll get off my depressed lazy assed butt and write down.

But I gotta tell you that we had the most wonderful dinner just now. And before I forget, here is the menu

Shallots Rings - dusted in cornflour and fried in olive oil - then salted.

then I drained the olive oil through a coffee filter and set the shallot scented olive oil aside.

I steamed fresh asparagus, and a couple stalks of celery.

then I sliced them on the bias, and dressed them with a pesto vinegerete that I had made . I was marinating a roasted red pepper in there too. so I sliced that and mixed it together.

Then I heated the reserved olive oil, and coated nice orange roughey fillets in corn flour salt and Italian seasoning.

Once the fish was sauteed , I plated it, sided with the asparagus roasted pepper w/ pesto vinetgerette, and garnished with the fried shallots.

yeah. I'm good.

Dessert of Chianti and Giardelli chocolate only highlighted the fried shallot flavor - - - and that's not a bad thing.

Not at all.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Hi Vig

Now I'm hungry, I think you should cook for me. Oooo, and I want to know about mama.

And just so you know I would have encouraged you with the ice...how fun!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Vig said...

Thanks for the smile! I'll see what I can do about getting up to date!

All the best,
Vig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home