Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Message Not Sent

Hi darlin' -

We'd love to get together. The 30th should work fine. Although there's an odd thing I have to say; since we're after the holiday season, briskly approaching the opening of beach season, and that I've only lost 12 of the 40 lbs I plan to lose by May; and also at my doctor's longstanding request - I'm not drinking right now.

I've got my nephew's wedding coming up this weekend. It's going to be difficult with his dad and new step-mother being there, plus a beloved uncle of mine who refuses to be in the same room with me or any other homosexual . . . and also since I believe I've done some damage to my reputation, shall we say, with some friends who were expected at the WATCH Awards (one of whom did indeed snub me) - I didn't' want to be drinking around them either . . .

Well what I'm trying to say is that rather than having a glass of wine to ease social anxieties, I've just been slamming them back at just about all times unless I'm at work. Last Thursday, I started drinking vodka and soda shortly after 5. And since I'd had two vodka and soda's plus a whole bottle of wine on Wednesday night - I decided not to open another bottle of wine. .. you know, to take it easy. But, by the time I had my 5th tumbler of vodka and soda, about four and a half hours later I guess, I was watching the clock to see how much more I could drink before Rolf got home from basketball - I started marching around the house holding the vodka bottle and leading a cheer "DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!"

And I don't know why. It's just fun. But I just don't stop. So, on Friday I decided to stop. At least through the WATCH Awards, and hopefully through Russ' wedding, Lent, until I lose this weight, and maybe until I've made it through the summer season with the skinny bitches in Rehoboth without shame.

. . .

Well - what should I say? I can't send this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home