Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Winter Wonderland

good morning. it's 5am. I've been up for an hour watching the weather reports and listening to the sleet hit the roof. I'm in the sun room wrapped in my down coat, long johns, fuzzy slippers . . that look like the shadow made by bunny ears against the white sleet that's gathering out on the deck. most everything is in shadow inside, and although the sun is not up, i can see white all the way to the other shore. i hate the geese, but i feel sorry for them today. the loudest noises are the sounds of the sleet, and then i can faintly hear the honking of the geese. poor things. somebody should just shoot them. yum.

Rolf is asleep. I'm going to wait for the sun to rise, then I'm going back to bed myself. I'm so excited! it's a snow day! i am going to find the financial information for Richmond today, and figure out where we've spent the advance money, and prepare some financial statements and forecasting. and I'm going to make chicken stock, make a payment for the beach house, organize the pantry, and fold laundry. Rolf will work from home i may not get out of my pajamas. yay! (unless I go sledding!) and I'm going to download some software too!

_________

Well, it's 6am now. I've downloaded the software for my new compter – free ware called open office. I don't know how to use it yet, so forgive please the lack of punctuation above. The sun does not look like it's going to come out today. So I'm going to call the office and tell them to F off, then I'm going to go snuggle with Rolf. I'll be back later.


All the best,

Vig

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger joey said...

Well it's the same thing here too. But it's just me and the dog. :(

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Louise said...

That sounds like a perfect way to spend Valentine's Day...The snuggling part not the working part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home