Friday, January 26, 2007

And on the 32nd Day of Christmas - 32 Actors Emoting

I've got the folks coming for an early dinner. Mom & Dad, my sister Joy (but not the faceless fiancee), Russ and Officer Cupcake, Shannon and Buttcrack, and an aunt. It's Christmas and my birthday! My tree's still up (until Monday,) and tonight they're all cashing in their Christmas present from Rolf and me.

I'm picking up some roast chickens on my way home from work - at lunch time. Then I'm making fresh angel hair pasta. I made a fantastic chicken stock which I'm going to turn into an Onion Pesto Sauce, in which I'll warm the chicken in once I get if off the bone, and pour it all on the platter of fresh pasta. Throw an Arugula and Parmesan salad on the side, and it's almost Gourmet to Go!

Then we're off the the theatre to see Noises Off! with Robert Protsky! I wish we were all going in a limousine, but we'll have to caravan to the Arena Stage in Washington on the Potomac River Waterfront. Our seats are one row behind the Dress Circle - which saved me a coupla' hundred bucks.

And what am I looking forward to most?

Hearing my dad laugh.
_________

Tomorrow - I'm going to walk around the lake, make a dish for a GLBT Potluck, nap, Potluck, then THEATRE AGAIN!!! To see a very evocative (and silent) production of MacBeth!

And then I'm going to Mrs. Walker's Cast/Birthday Party. (She was my wife in Tommy, and she's one day older than me. And yet, so hot.) And at Midnight It's'a My Birthday, too!

________
Then, on my birthday proper, church at Jimmy Carter's Washington DC Baptist, nice lunch somewhere or the wrestling match at George Mason University, then dinner with Tomas, Sonny and his boyfriend (who we haven't met), and maybe Puck and Memae too!

And then! WE're going to the THEATRE!!! To see Into the Woods!

It's Gay Night at Signature Theatre. So there's a party afterward right there!

________

Know what? I've got Monday off. And there's a free show at the National Theatre, in the Helen Hayes Gallery; it's A Carol Channing Birthday Party Staring Richard Skipper!

I think I'll go!

Hee-hee

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Hi Vig,

Sounds perfect...Happy Birthday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home