Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy Ever After

Leta Encore and I went to the open house for the new Signature Theatre yesterday! It's new 20 million dollar space in Shirlington (Arlington, 5 min. South of the Pentagon) is getting ready for their first production Into the Woods. Leta and I had a master class in auditioning, a master class in vocal performance, and we saw Emily Skinner in concert (she of SideShow on Broadway) and we saw a preview performance of Into the Woods! And it was all FREE! And FABULOUS!

Also in the news, I framed d'Ohgy's portrait. It's an 11 x 20 print, that cost me $12. But it was going to cost me $200 to have framed. So I found a bargain frame at World Market, and I made the mat myself with spray glue, poster paper and pleather. It cost $50! I have at least one more that I have to do. It hurt my back, leaning over a desk to figure it out for hours, but still, I can't wait to make the next one! It looks great!

Lastly, I bought a new scale for this diet. I've not been confident it was working, still. While the old scale said I weighed two-oh-something, with the something being either a 1 or a 7 (that's why I had to get another one), the new scale said I weighed 210. But new on hardly seemed to change over the last few weeks. So, this morning I pulled the bathroom rug back, and laid it on the tile to check it out - and it said I weith 200! and the old scale says I weigh 199! So, I either don't know my true starting weight, or I lost 10 lbs! By the old scale I lost 8!

So, whatever the case, It looks like I'm finally off to a good start. Now, I've got to get Rolf to start losing. He's not going to make it. He'll be the outsider in the house of skinny bitches in Rehoboth, and that won't make anybody happy!

I wish!

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Just think how thin you'll look next to him, if he doesn't loose the weight.
Isn't it nice to know a lot!
And a little bit not...
~Love that show!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home