Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Good Morning.

Well, It's 40 degrees today. I've really enjoyed having the view of a snow covered lake out of my windows this last few days. But, it's time is near an end. And even more so, if this warmer than average winter causes the trees to leaf out early, I may be less than two months away from not having a lake view at all. Then the view will be a sea of forest green, with half naked joggers swimming through my back yard. That's not so bad.
________

We took my folks out to dinner on Saturday night. After the year of chemotherapy for my Mom, which stopped in October, I really haven't been visiting much. It was obvious that I should be there more. Dad has a neurological issue that's causing him to loose his mobility. He falls, and now it's move often. Add in the ice and snow, which he was trying to shovel himself, and he had two falls in just a few days. It turns out that my niece and nephew, who live in an apartment in their basement, did nothing to help.

My sister (Joy) and her new husband (I don't know him) met us back at Mom & Dad's, so we could give her the birthday present we bought. I didn't want to be there. Anyway . . .

Mom and Dad gave Rolf a birthday card that called him "Son-in-law" which caught me so off guard that I got choked up and lost my breath.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home