Thursday, September 28, 2006

What a Wonderful World

I hired someone to remove the tree. Considering that I had bids as high as $12,000; I think $2,700 is fabulous!

We're trying to book our room for Rome. I need that done today so I can set up a tour for one afternoon. After that, we are in much better shape. I need rooms in Sorrento, Florence, and Venice; plus I have to figure out how to get from one to another on the train.

It is stressful! But I am so excited.

Last night, Rolf and I were trying to find a room, and he said something, jokingly dismissive about Vatican City. So, I got the tour book out and started reading him the description of Michelangelo's painting. "One of the wonders of the world," it said.

I couldn't finish reading it though. My throat got all closed up, I couldn't breath, and I started crying.

He just laughs. But he had to finish reading it.

We've been together for 25 years! Twenty-five years.

It really is wonderful.

3 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Congratulations!!! That's truly amazing and wonderful.

The train to Sorrento stops in Pompeii also. Just be careful as there are A LOT of pick pockets on that train. And if you can, rent a car (or a car & a driver) to take you to Positano. And if you're a big pottery fan, you need to check out Vietre-Su-Mare at the end of the Amalfi coast.

Sounds like an amazing trip. Do everything, drink every glass of wine, and just have a wonderful time together.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, there's the Vig, I know and love. You are going to have such a wonderful time, I can't think of a better way to celebrate!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger joey said...

Awwwwwwwww. You brought a tear to my eye! I hope you guys have a fantastic time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home