Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'M Putting All My Eggs in One Basket

Hi.

Tree Update - estimates are in the $6,000 range.

Basement, 'harboring the must of centuries' - I thought the tree had caused some kind of water or sewer damage. So, a new panic: not only the tree, Italy, the house flip, my folks. . . but I'm thinking we have to dig up the basement. I check with the neighbors to find out their sewer line stories, and tell them of my worry. . . Eventually only to discover that d'Ohgy has been peeing on the door mat. At least it's on the tile floor. Oh, and it didn't cost $6,000 to clean that up either.

Italy Update - we're leaving (to celebrate our 25th anniversary in Rome) in 16 days. We do not have plane tickets or hotel reservations yet. And I have to learn to speak Italian today. Or tomorrow.

Gay Day at King's Dominion Saturday Night - with Puck and Memae. We practically ran from one roller coaster to another, and hardly stood in any line. Wow! So very very cool! I kissed Rolf at Kings Dominion! And we held hands!

House Flip - I don't even know what's happening.

Dinner with Mom and Dad - Sunday. Mom looks good. You'd never guess that she's fighting the cancer battle. It's my Dad that's looking so old. He's 76. Seventy-six. Damn. Even though he's walking with a cane now, because he's so wobbly; he got on the roof of the lake house to seal the flashing around the chimney.

Afternoon Delight - Monday - really, if I wait until bed time - I fall asleep. So, I turned our 1950's Italy Music Cd up loud, opened the sliding doors of the sunroom; and then I opened the sliding doors of our bedroom. Sun was shining through the curtains. Italian 50's music was coming in from all around. And there were hugs and kisses.

All the best,
Vig

"I'm putting all my eggs in one basket;
I'm betting everything I've got on you."

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger joey said...

I'm totally envious you are going to Rome! Good to hear the update about your mom. By the way - have you seen "The Light in the Piazza"?

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Vig said...

nope - it's coming to my town this fall. I hope to see it then.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

$6,000 Ouch...that would finance the Italy trip...can it stay where it is?

What are you waiting for you're going to Italy Yey!!! Make some plans will you...I'm getting nervous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home