Friday, August 25, 2006

Wishing you a great weekend

I'm so glad it's Friday! These summer weekends have been great! Even though we haven't been away, or to the beach. It's still been a lot of fun.

Last Sunday we went to Baltimore's Little Italy for the Italian Festival, and we stumbled upon the Bocce tournament Championship! We were ready to leave so I went down to the Bocce courts to round up Amy and Memae. It was very exciting, and I forgot all about leaving. Pretty soon, Rolf and Puck showed up looking for us, then John and Kelly, and we all ended up staying for about two hours, figuring out the game and cheering on the home team. And we ate more, and drank more, and laughed more. Ah.

Last night I cooked for my friend Jennifer. She and her husband have a new baby, so Rolf and I went over to give them some free time. Rolf trimmed their butterfly bush, which had overtaken the walkway. I made meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, sautéed Swiss chard, mixed tomato salad, and a pear tart with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. They seemed to like it a lot. They are very tired people right now! I'm going to do it again in a few weeks.

Bemmy's almost completely moved out. He's gone for FL for a singing gig. When he gets back, about the only thing he has to move is his bed. I think this is going to work out fine.

The folks are coming over for dinner and for the sunset concert tonight. I've got another meatloaf ready to go in the oven when I get home. Mom's had a great couple of weeks.

Other than singing a solo on Sunday morning, I don't have much planned for this weekend. Rolf's got a test to take on Monday, so he'll be busy studying. I don't know what I'm going to do. I just know that I can't be drinking on Saturday! I need to be in good voice on Sunday morning!

All the best to you - have a great weekend.

Vig

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound so much happier than you did on Wednesday (I hope).

Things are looking up!
I've been looking the landscape over
And it's covered with four leaf clover,
Oh things are looking up...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Yes, have a wonderful weekend! You deserve it!

Trey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home