Monday, August 21, 2006

Let's Do the Time Warp

Time warp: Back to school for my 25th High School Reunion.

My high school reunion was this weekend, and I went. Rolf came too. I'm a little verklempt.

It was such fun. Rolf and I skittered over to the bar right away, and then stood off a bit, in a corner and looked at the people. My peers.

They're old.

I lived in the same place my whole life until I moved in with Rolf when I was 18. So, I was really looking forward to seeing those folks that I saw most every day for so many years. I saw quite a few. Leifer, Mark, David, Michelle, Laura. . . Most of them weren't my friends, but I still care about them, and it was just great to see their faces. Some of us hugged like we were old friends.

And I saw my old friend Kendall for the first time in 25 years. When Towmy's family moved from the house accross the street, his family moved in. And we were good friends from 7th grade until 10th grade. Then we moved on. It was such a shock to see him, I got all teary. He's a big straight boy, so I didn't hug him. He married an old friend Laura. I didn't know that, and they're coming to dinner sometime.

I still can't believe that Rolf went with me. Willingly, and cheerfully. I really like this season of love.

"This is my partner, Rolf. . . " over and over again all night, and not one person batted an eye.
_________

and elsewise, we also applied for our PASSPORTS on Saturday! We're really going to Italy for our 25TH ANNIVERSARY!

1 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had so much fun, and what's with you and Rolf??? All those changes you're making must be working on him too...

18!!! OMG, you were just a baby when you met Rolf and 25 years later, you're still together. I bet most of the people at the reunion couldn't say that.

No one batted an eye...just how it should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home