Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Have Confidence in Confidence Alone

So;

I bought some maps of Italy. One for home, one for my office, to help plan the itinerary for our Anniversary trip to Italy. (Oh my god! We leave a week from tomorrow! I have to learn to speak Italian - today!) The map was printed with half of the country on each side, oh!; and it was all in Italian, too. I kept looking at "Firenze" and thinking "Damn, that's where Florence is supposed to be." So, I had to use Google to find out that Firenze is Florence, and other cities, too, that had different names. I took both maps and taped them together so I'd have one map of Italy, and then used a marker to highlight the places we're thinking of going.

And that's as far as I've gotten.

oh help.

All the best,
Vig

despite what you see, I have confidence in me. . .

eh?

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Leta said...

Yeah, but you're a singer, so you already speak more Italian than you think. It won't help much in day-to-day travelling unless you are hoping to ask that your coffee be louder. I speak just enough Italian to make myself understood in a "location the green tab for purposes of making open" kind of way. Have a *great* trip!

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip and my a$$ is fine thank you very much. Hehehe!
You've got your work cut out for you. You might want to ask Ray, he travels quite a bit.

So here's some basic italian via my daughter.

Non so dove mi trovo.

Quanto?

Corretto

Vorrei di vino

 

Post a Comment

<< Home