Friday, August 17, 2007

Please Forgive This Helpless Haze I'm In.

Big Waves


Friday – I haven’t had a drink in nine days. Nine. Wow.

Last night I went to see SideShow. I’d arranged to have about a dozen friends there, plus others that I always know there at the Industrial Strength Theater. And it was very good to not be drunk. I was able to promote The Last Five Years (my next show), troll for staff, schmooze actresses and actors that I want to audition for me next Fall, and again the following Summer; and to top it off, I found a wonderful producer for The Last Five Years! But mostly, I could just celebrate being part of that community. I love those people!

Last weekend I was at Rehoboth where there are some people who like to take care of me. Well, they’re grateful that I like to cook and I’ve made a couple of meals for the house. A couple people offered my, ahem, favorite tobacco; and I just said “Nope. I don’t intend to drink today, and if I smoke that, I know I’ll follow it up with a drink.” And I didn’t drink. I can’t believe it. It was a wonderful weekend. The ocean was fantastic!

Oh! I got a new camera phone; and I took a great picture at the beach. Let me try to post it! YAY! IT WORKED! I DON’T KNOW THOSE PEOPLE.

Well, plan is to have lunch on the beach tomorrow. I plan to not drink. I’m claiming that it’s for the get fit regimen for The Last Five Years. It’s believable, because it’s just not going all that well. I’m down 6.6 pounds . . . since June. I hope I can make it a full ten lbs. by Wednesday.

OK. Hi. Bye. Sorry my last post was 4000 words. I keep doing that. This is 306 words. Better?

1 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm so proud of you, great job, I knew you could do it. And don't apologize for long posts, it keeps me up to date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home