Friday, July 13, 2007

That Happy Tune is Your Step

"Guess what?!" I say to Puck as she turns to set grocery bags on the dining table. "I'm going to New York this weekend!"

"You're kidding me . . ." she says incredulously . . . "We're going to Rehoboth."

Yep . . I was looking for company at the beach, but didn't call them because it would be $400 for the weekend for them at our beach house - and Puck just lost her job. So.

"You're the only person who could make me sorry I'm going to New York" I said.

Oh well. I'm going to New York! NEW YORK CITY! Leta 'n me. We're going to have a ball. I bought the tickets to Grey Gardens and the bus tickets, she bought the tickets to Xanadu, Surface to Air, and our room at the Hotel Belleclair.

All the tickets were purchased at half-price - including Xanadu - by purchasing them through BroadwayBox.Com or TheatreMania.Com.

We have to be at the bus station tomorrow at 6:30Am, and will arrive in NYC at noon. Rolf is taking us to the station, before he leaves for his family vacation. I will miss him terribly. I should be going with him. But I *ucked up. I have to work because my boss will be away, and I'm in charge. We can't both be away at the same time.

And I'll be back home by mid-night on Sunday.

Drag myself to work on Monday - and then go to the Night Out with the Nationals with Puck and Memae!

Grab your coat and get your hat
Leave your worries on the doorstep
Life can be so sweet
On the sunny side of the street

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun...I am so jealous

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger .::JoSePhIne::. said...

Wow, New York City is my biggest dream still to become reality...
I like that "and every day martini glasses" in your profile. Sounds glam!

 

<< Home