Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just sing, sing a song

"Nap - must have nap" was all I could think when we rolled into Rehoboth on the fourth. The ride was super quick and easy, but we'd sacrificed much sleep so we could leave a clean house to Rolf's brother and family who came to watch d'Ohgy.

"No nap . . beach" grunted equally tired Rolf.
________

We had pizza in the house with several of the other share holders, including my music director (MD) from Ruthless. Then we all walked the four blocks to the boardwalk to see the fireworks. I think we were kind of drunk, because a couple of our boys kept telling me and MD to keep it down because there were children abounding. All we were talking about was theatre, Reefer Madness, Naked MacBeth, you know: ART.

One night at Cloud 9 - Rolf and I were dancing to the generic drum beat, when he said "this reminds me of a song we heard . . . " and he sang a line which just fit right into the dance track. Pretty soon he was supplying the music, singing Fleetwood Mac's best hits to the mindless beat of the discotheque. When did they stop playing songs and just start playing generic rhythm tracks? It's time for a protest!

Every dance floor that plays extended mindless rhythm tracks is now an impromptu karaoke show! Just sing your own songs! But stop when they start to play an actual song!

Sing it Loud (Sing it Strong) Make it simple (to last your whole life long) Don't worry that it's not good enough . . . BECAUSE NO ONE WILL HEAR YOU ANYWAY!

Oh, it was so funny. Rolf was singing Stevie Nicks - Sara - to me. And I was laughing so hard, my abs still hurt . . . or was that the crunches?

Well, there was plenty of beach time. We drove the Jeep onto North Shores Beach on day for some "fishing". Dinner in Lewes one night. Five nights of Pub Crawling. I even made dinner for the house one night.

I'd be going back this weekend, but I didn't want to go alone - because I seem to have no friends - and Rolf is going away for the week. Since I didn't want to go by myself -

I decided to slip up to NYC! To see Grey Gardens which is closing on Broadway on 7/29. And before Rolf even knew about it, I'd planned a whole weekend of shows with my friend (nom-de-internet) Leta. We're taking the bus up on Saturday morning, at 7:30 for goodness sake. We're seeing the matinee of Grey Gardens, then the 8PM showing of Xanadu, and on Sunday we're seeing a show her friend is in called Surface to Air.

I don't know what we'll do on Sunday morning. Perhaps the top of the rock, or the Metropolitan Museum of Art . . .

I should be home in bed by midnight!

And, If I can get a nap in on Monday - I'm going to the NIGHT OUT WITH THE NATIONALS!

Tuesday - voice lesson
Wednesday - dinner with St. Joe
Thursday - laundry and Packing
Friday - Rehoboth with Nearly Gay Nick!

YAY!
_________

And I've saved the best for last. I was at the beach, Friday, when I received this message on my cell phone:
Hey it's Joy. Have you heard the good news about Mom? Her cancer's shrunk even more. The doctors are amazed. Very. Very. Cool. Huh? All right . . . just thought I'd pass the word. Bye.