Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My yesterday was blue, dear

What a difference a day makes
Twenty-four little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain

I had a great voice lesson. Gallons of water and Advil had improved my well being. We worked on *Moving Too Fast*, *If I Didn't Believe in You*, and *The Shmuel Song* all from The Last Five Years. It is very exciting. The music is challenging, it requires a voice range of three and a half octaves - and I have it - but, I don't naturally know how to use such a wide range of my voice. It is good that I'm starting on it three months early. Normal rehearsals should begin in September.

I didn't drink. I thought about having a glass of wine. And I just thought "For what good reason would you have wine?! You don't want it!" And I didn't. But . . . I thought about it. I did go to an AA meeting. I can't go to one today at lunch time, because I have weight watchers.

Well, I called Memae last night, because she's a big drinker too. I told her my tale. She can relate, she can ask the "What were you thinking?" question, but it comes out much more on the side of "What are we thinking when we do that!?"

Unfortunately, she said that her partner and my best friend, Puck, has lost her job. I have to give her a call soon.

But not until I get this work done!

All the best,
Vig

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Vig, hope it all works out for you, keep up the good work.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Vig,
Keep fighting the good fight! And you're right, there's nothing to be ashamed of. But focus on how much better you'll sound, look, and feel when you've lost all the weight and you're not drinking that much anymore!

Trey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home