Friday, May 11, 2007

I've Got My Eye on You.

Happy Friday! Eleven hours to go until another show. Rolf, Puck, and Memae are coming tonight. Memae insists on coming. I don't get to sing; so I don't see why anyone would bother.

What a week! Monday was my only night off. I worked in the yard which looks so lush and green. Rolf has been working double this week.

Tuesday he had to bail on our tickets to see Saving Aimee with Carolee Carmello at Signature Theatre; so I got my mom to go! We had a great time. She is feeling pretty good, but she's dropped 15 lbs in the last month. She says she hopes it's due to a change in medication and diabetic sugar levels. With a laugh she says "I'll wait until I've lost another 15, then I'll complain."

Kathy Lee Gifford wrote the show, and she was there hobnobbing with investors. That was cool. The best part of what is a fairly good show though was the brilliant talent of Carolee Carmelo. Man oh man, her specificity, stage presence, singing, and everything about her is just incredibly powerful. I felt like I'd just seen Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall. Wow!

Wednesday we had rehearsal - not a pick-up rehearsal, but a full blown rehearsal with examination of dialog, motives, blocking - everything was examined. That's ok with me, but I didn't get home until 11; I'd expected to be home at 9.

Last night - Leta (not you - nom de internet for my friend who played Leta Encore in my production of Ruthless,) Leta and I went to the Shakespeare Theater to see Titus Andronicus, part of the Shakespeare Festival. It's Shakespeare's Horror Movie. I ran into Paul (horse-d***) from Hair, and Kevin who used to work here with me - but he escaped after six months.

So, there's no air conditioning in the church social hall. It's going to be a hot weekend. We have three shows, with Sunday's Mother's Day show being at 5 PM. In addition to those coming tonight, Petunia Walker and her real husband are coming tomorrow night. (I was her husband in Tommy.)

What's scary about that is I'm counting on her doing The Last Five Years with me there in October. And I'm afraid she'll run screaming. And of course, maybe I should run with her!

Mom and Dad are coming on Sunday. The show is at 5 on Sunday; we're going out to brunch first for Mother's Day. My sister is still on her honeymoon. I expect Rolf will be with his Mom who's just begun dealing with cancer, too. So, brunch will just be the three of us. Like those years when Joy was in college or off starting her own family, and I was still in high school. I'd like it to be special.

all the best & have a great weekend!

Vig



1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've spent many a Mother's Day sitting in a theatre, I could never explain the overwhelming feelings of love and joy that comes from seeing your own child in the spotlight...It doesn't get better than that, I'm sure your mother would agree.
Have a wonderful weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home