Monday, April 30, 2007

That's How it Goes.

How can I show you a vid clip? It's on a DVD - of the closing night of Forever Plaid. We had my friend - OneSmudge - from my first Plaid cast - over on Saturday night. I showed him a short clip from the closing of my second edition of the show - and we laughed so hard, I thought his head was going to pop off, and I started wishing I could show it to you.
__________

So - I'm totally off book except for this part:

B - . . . , and even our report cards from school . . .

Me - Who won between Pokey and me in '65?

B - Wait a minute. Here are my marks from Westover. Look. See? An "A" in creative writing. I told you I could write.

Me - Let me just see the tennis scores. I know I beat Pokey in '65. I'm sure of that.

B - Randy, don't grab!

Me - I just want to see '65!

Oy. Oy. Oy!

We have rehearsal tonight (Monday), Tuesday, not Wednesday, and Thursday. So, we're running it about three more times . . . that's going to make a total of, what, three so far . . . six run-throughs before we open. But, only three run-throughs off book for one maternal character - who lost her job today. Hmmmm. I guess she has time to get off book for that two page monologue now.

Of course, if it was me: I'd be drinking. So, I'm saying prayers for her. This is the same actress who's daughter was at Virginia Tech during the massacre. Another actress with nearly crippling intestinal pain - although she's been better for a week now. And then there's me . . . who begins at about ten minutes after nine, counting the seconds before I can get home from rehearsal and get drunk.

Bim Bom Bim Bom. Well, This show is going to . . . . well, it will have a beginning and an ending. I'll leave it at that.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how could I have missed so many of your posts, sorry.

I want to see that clip. There has got to be a way. If you can't figure out how to post it to your blog, maybe you could copy it and send it to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home