Saturday, October 28, 2006

Miss Adelade's Lament

Hey doll,

I'm sorry. I'd feel kinda stupid, but I decided not to come over; it made sense at the time. I'm not sure it does now, but what's done is done.

I seem to have your wrong home phone number programmed into my cell phone. I left a message on your cell, but I wasn't able to check the other line, you know; if you're like me, you probably turn it off at home too.

So, the time flew by, and I needed to come home. (So , there's that.)

But!, when I said I decided not to come: that's just the half of it.

I need to do some cooking this evening. I'm going to do our dinner, dinner for my folks tomorrow, (and, besides, I really want to cook. Although,I'm not sure I'll recognize jet lag before it knocks me flat on my ass.)

So: I really do want to see you . . . and I didn't want to come empty handed. . . and I'm dying to cook (can we talk about two weeks of restaurant food?!) . . .

The point being: I'm going to come over on Tuesday or Wednesday - you choose - and bring dinner, that I'm cooking most of it tonight.

And what I had decided to grab, (so I wouldn't have been empty handed if I got to see you today), is still in my car.

You'll have to wait to see what it is.

ciao

V

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Are you back? Did you have a grand time? Are we going to see any pictures?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home