Saturday, November 04, 2006

That's Amore

I had asked for a room with a view of the canals, and I hurried to the window when we entered. I opened the window, threw open the shutters, and gasped when I saw the intersection of canals. Rolf's smile was as big as mine. Then I saw the gondola gliding out from under a foot bridge toward me, and I bit my lip as tears caused the whole scene to look like a watercolor impression of Venice. Rolf was standing next to me at the little window. He smiled and me, gave me a hug, and we had a good laugh. . . and then another gondola, and another gondola, and then I heard music.

It could have been classical guitar, a tenor singing "Volare" or "That's Amore" as the gondola passed our window. Well, at that; I burst into tears. I was laughing and crying, and unable to stop. Rolf was laughing and hugging me. I got myself together, and then I'd hear more music on the canal, and start crying again. I thought I was going to have to be committed.

I have great pictures of the view from our hotel. And I'll share them as soon as I can. They're digital, yes, but I'm having a hard time dealing with the technology. It's just not transfering right now.


I think that moment is the most memorable of the trip. But there is much much more.

1 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Awwww, how cute are you. What a way to spend your anniversary. I'd be overwhelmed like that too, can't wait to see the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home