Monday, October 30, 2006

Happiness Is

I can't say I've found the thread of my story. I'm so glad to be home, but I already miss the closeness Rolf and I had during the trip. It was really wonderful. Before we left, I was frequently carping that I was afraid we would fight on the trip and not get along; which, rightly, got on his nerves before I stopped. So, you understand that I am really amazed at how sweet our time was together. Unfortunately, we were so tired from all the walking we did, I can't say there was lots of "hugs and kisses" going on. But there was a lot of laughter.

Now that we're back, I've told him to shut-up once, when he snapped at me accusing me of yanking on d'Ohgy's collar. I snapped at him in front of my sister when I was telling a story that he knew pretty well, because it is one of our favorites from the trip for some odd reason. But he chimed in and I snapped "You weren't there." And, then another time, at his folks house there was an unfortunate bit about the food disposal repair job from right before we left, where I had lied about how it all turned out because it pissed me off. I knew it would piss him off too, and I didn't see any need to set him off too . . . So, anyway.

I'm eager for more time together, alone and active. I look at the calendar, and the days are going to slip away. We've got company coming friday Mrs. Walker (from Tommy) with her husband. Saturday afternoon, a friend from PA is coming for dinner and a show. Then Sunday Rolf is going to watch the Redskins lose to the Cowboys . . . and then it's Monday again.

Except, he's going on a business trip, and leaves Monday or Tuesday for the week.

Hopefully, before long, I'm going to be directing another show. If it happens, it will get started soon and fast, and there will be so many more people and meetings, and so much less relaxed alone time. I just want to hold on to what we had in Italy, and more.

So, now that you know, I think I can find the story.

It begins in Venice.

3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Welcome home!!!

Glad your back missed you and all your insanity. Can't wait for your stories and pictures.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Yes, welcome back. I know it's easy to fall back into comfortable routines (even the insanity), but don't let go of the good times of the vacation. Find a way to work the happiness and zen you had with Rolk on the trip back into your daily life. You both deserve it.

Ciao bello!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Doh, I meant Rolf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home