Monday, July 17, 2006

Capture notes - not feeling well

Friday -

Three pre-party drinks at home alone. Bemmy went to NYC for the weekend and Rolf was at work. I met Sonny at Titan at 7:20. I was late due to lack of parking. Our friend (and landscape architect) was there, so we talked to him, while we had drinks (3+1=4) for a few moments before we walked up the block to the Playbill Theatre, where we were surprised to run into Tomas and What's-His-Name. We had Cosmopolitans (4+1=5) before the show, and two more afterward (5+2=7). Because Tomas was there, I can't say I caught up with Sonny so much. We didn't talk about the leather jock-strap competition because he'd be mad if I let the cat out of the bag in front of Tomas. Tomas seems to be doing great. That can't be true, but he is the best at Keeping Up Appearances. ChrisG was in the show, Psycho Beach Party, which was a surprise. More of a surprise is that Tomas could see him well enough to recognize him. Chris was a cagelle in La Cage Aux Folles that I stared in 1999. Then I went to Virgin in Shirlington to try and catch up with Puck & Elena, but rumor had it that they had gone to the Tap House, so I walked down there. They weren't there, but I ran into Evan who was in Tommy with me back in 1997. He was just a sophmore in highschool back then. Now he has a degree in theatre, and is getting jobs in the local professional arena. So, I had a martini (7+1=8) and visited with him and his girlfriend J. Then I went back to Virgin and had a beer (8+1=9), and listend to Steve McWilliams Band, and I talked with Amy, and her friends. Which was cool, and odd because we don't really know each other. I told her, and her friends that I've finally found a use for the great card I have at home.

It says: Thanks for the party! Inside: I honestly thought I was invited.

Then I got home, and poured a glass of wine - which I made Rolf drink. Maybe I had some. . . I don't think so. Then I kept him up until 3. Which made him late for his 9:30 am Saturday meeting. I was pretty sick. All day.

I didn't go see The Last Five Years, because my head hurt too much. I think it was a hangover- but my head still ached bad on Sunday too. Also, my heart has just been beating so hard since Saturday, that I have to go see the doctor today. Last time it was like this, we had increased the anti-depressant to 450 mg. Then we went back to 300 mg. I didn't take it yesterday, and I forgot to take it today. But now I have to see what the doctor wants to do. It didn't work anyway. . . of course I wasn't supposed to be drinking . . .

Bemmy joined us for dinner on Sunday. Of course, Rolf was working all day, but he got home in time for dinner. Then we all watched Dr. Who. We still haven't actually talked to Bemmy about his eviction. But, it doesn't look good. He got mail from the unemployment office - when I held it up to the light, I saw that it said: "Denied. . . must work . . . at least . . . quarters. . . "

By the way, the receptionist just asked if I was feeling better. "Better from when?" I said. "Well, when you came in on Friday you said you had such a bad headache that you should have stayed home." I forgot. Well, the headache went away mostly yesterday. Now it's just a hint of a headache, and the pounding heart. I think I'll leave.

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo...Vig, I would have been on the floor after the first stop, hehehe.

You need to take better care of yourself young man...glad you're going to the doctor, that doesn't sound good.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Vig said...

doctor says it's stress. i can't imagine what he's talking about

by the way, guava daquiries are yummie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home