Thursday, July 13, 2006

This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius

Thursday 7/13

Bemmy has avoided us ever since we gave him the eviction notice. That was on Monday July 3. Since then I may have seen him three times. And those times were fine, but I feel really bad about the whole thing.

First time I saw him was Friday evening. We had the hottest guests, oh boy these people . . . should be running for office. Bemmy got home and just charmed the pants, well no, that would be wishful thinking. Let's just say we had a great time.

He mentioned to them that he had lost 90 lbs though. 90lbs! Rolf and I were shocked, we thought he had lost 70, and that is a lot, but 90 sounds so much bigger. I just can't do it though. I can't be a part of his day to day stuff. I'm bad at it. We really do think we've been taken advantage of, and it really doesn't feel healthy anymore so we have to stick to our guns.

We saw him a couple of more times - he spent the afternoon with us on Saturday when we went with a group to see Superman with a group. (OH WE SAW IT ON AN IMAX SCREEN AT THE UDVAR-HAZY- NATIONAL AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM - WHICH WAS SO COOL IN ITSELF!)

but, no need to go on about it, we just feel bad and also we feel pretty sure that he'll never be the friend he once was. We haven't actually talked about it at all. But we hear from others that he's let it be known that he'd like help finding a new place.

On another note, Rolf has canceled his vacation to go to a family reunion at the beach, because he is in proposal hell at work. He says if he doesn't win this contract for the company, then they'll pass on bidding for the work - and he really wants to win it and then manage the project. I hate it when he works this hard. He's been putting in 20 hour days. He came to bed at 3:30 last night, and was up at 8:30 for a 9:30 meeting. It sounds like he plans on working this type of schedule until August!

I'm really feeling lonely too! I guess that's more of a projection, since I've been socializing every evening, but. . its my house and there's nobody to talk to, except d'Ohgy. And I'm mad at her because she chewed on a dresser. It was a yard sale rescue, the dresser, so it's not that she damaged something valuable, but it is so unlike her. It is worrying.

At the same time that Rolf is so busy - we're in the process of buying that house in Richmond. But he doesn't have a loan yet, and we're doing it all in his name because because because. Because. I need to get the loan for him. I don't know what's going to happen.

Kay and Clark had a wonderful honeymoon. Clark marked another item of his life goal list. One was getting married of course. The other? He went skydiving.

Skydiving. On purpose! Of course it was a tandem sky-dive, but I can't even imagine the logistics of it. I mean, come-on, I've had to pick him up off the bathroom floor when his aide dropped him after his bath. (And he was naked too . . .I wish I hadn't seen that.) When I was picking him up that time, as well as a time when I put him into my car, it is lifting dead-weight with limbs. Wow. And he went sky-diving. That is so great.

Well, I've got three nights of Theatre starting tonight. I'm worried about Rolf getting away from work, but we're going tonight to see Caroline, or Change at the Studio Theatre. My sister is coming too. And Tomorrow I am going with my friend Sonny to see Psycho Beach Party at the Playbill Theatre. Then finally on Saturday I'm going with my Mrs. Walker from Tommy to see The Last Five Years at the Foundry Theatre. Hottie Uncle Ernie from Tommy is staring in that. I'm embarrassed that I'm so fat.

Rolf and I had three or four really great weeks. These next few weeks may be tough. I'm a little scared.

I wish I had some pot.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's to bad about Bemmy but,you have to do what's best for you and Rolf. Hopefully, one day he will realize it was for the best.

Poor Rolf, that's a lot of stress. I know how you feel, Mike works long hours too.

I'm jelous three nights of theatre. I saw Caroline or Change last year at the Ahmanson. It was very good, except Tonya Pinkins, was coming down with laryngitis, but she still pulled it off. Anika Noni Rose was amazing, what a voice that girl has.

Three or four great weeks, that's good!!! Don't stress out, have a glass of wine...or three.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Vig said...

I have twice that amount of wine every night.

Rolf did not make it to the show last night. The show was fine by the way. Forgettable, but fine. It cost $65, and he did not leave - could not leave, he says - non-the-less, he did not leave work until 7:05. We had to leave by 7:10, so I told him we were leaving, he was a jerk to me, and I tried to get him to drive downtown and meet us there, we'd leave the tickets. . .but no. He couldn't have made it anyway, but still he was mad that we didn't wait for him.

He worked until after mid-night. He asked me if I knew where any of his underwear was, and I did. So I got out of bed to find it. I mean, I new I saw it. We moved our bedroom to what was the auxillary guest room, and we're turning the master bedroom into a dressing room. I haven't finished, it is in disaray and I didn't find the underwear in the first two places I looked. And he yelled at me.

"Look! I didn't ask you to come in here and look for it, I asked you if you knew where it was. I'll find it myself." jerk.

I don't want to live there right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home