Thursday, May 25, 2006

Flight of the Brave



Good Mornin'

I went to Six Flags America last Sunday to celebrate Pinball's birthday. He was in Tommy with me, and then went on to play Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar. The weather was perfect; clear skies shown on, and cool breezes swept across us, as we ran from one roller coaster to the next. And there were no lines!

Mrs. Walker and several members of the St. Mark's Jesus Christ Superstar, and several Tommy cast members were there too, including the birthday boy who was in both shows.

Well, let me just tell you, the park is gorgeous and only 15 minutes out of DC! I haven't been there since it was just a small water park when I was still in junior high school. And now, wow! It has got nine great roller coasters, and it is just a beautiful park.

There is this "ride" called the sky-coaster. You've seen it I'm sure; it's the sky-diving "ride". I swear, it's not a ride in any conventional sense. Oh my god! Well, Mrs. Walker said that she'd buy the birthday boy a ticket. And he agreed saying that it was less expensive if two or three of us went, and I hollered "I'll go!" And so did Cathy, and Sam, and Mark, . . . but I was first!

Wow! We were so giddy, it was so cool. And that I got to do it with such cool people! Wow! How does this happen to me? I absolutely get to hang with the coolest people.

I can't wait to do it again! Next time it will be with Puck, who absolutely cannot know I did it already.

Once we hit the ground, they said we could go again for just five dollars. In a glance, we conspired to get the discounted tickets and send the others. "We don't have to do it right away do we?" I asked. "You just have to buy the ticket now, and you can go again any time today" So, we bought the ticket for three riders and told the others we had a ticket for them. . . but there were only two that wanted to go. . . "Oh My God," Mrs. Walker said, when she realized it was just Sam and Mark who were going to take the offer. . . "Oh My God," she laughed when she realized that she was going to do it. "Oh My God," she muttered as later they strapped her in the flight suit. And "Oh My God," she screached over and over again as they dropped 200 feet from the top of the ride in to the full swing.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, that would freak me out. I've never even been on a roller coaster that goes upside down.

I tried to send you an e-mail today with a few more pictures of the show, but it keeps coming back to me, I'll try to send it again tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home