Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hooray for the weekend

Well.

Something’s happened. It seems. A switch was turned off. Sort of.

I feel good.

It’s just been two weeks, but for two weeks my drinking has been in check. I had been drinking, oh say, five drinks a night. And just couldn’t seem to stop, until Sunday the 30th, (I wrote about that the other day.) At the wedding last Saturday, I checked to see if they had any non-alcoholic beer, but they didn’t. So, I let myself have a Mint Julip, and a little wine. But I didn’t even get buzzed, much less sloshed. And I didn’t do anything that I am ashamed of. I usually say something really stupid, or flirt. . .well, I’ll leave it at that.

I made it Sunday – Thursday with out a drink again this week. Thursday night I attempted a bourbon concoction similar to a Mint Julip. . . but Rolf came in and said “I thought you said you stopped drinking” and glared at me. I didn’t say that. Did I? I said I didn’t anyway. But, when he wasn’t looking, I poured it out. “Not on a school night,” I sighed.

Friday was another matter!

Hooray for the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home