Tuesday, April 04, 2006

To the Washington Post

To: Hank Stuever
Washington Post
April 26, 2006

I am grieving still the loss of Ziegfield's.

I hadn't written anything on my blog since it closed. I hope you don't mind, (and that it's not illegal) but I copied your article in full and posted it there. It's mostly just for me ( nobody knows I have a blog.) But I treasure what you wrote, and I figure the copy I saved at home is going to get lost in a pile of papers before I'm very old.

That said, also this: It meant a great deal to me that you were there and that you wrote about it. My partner and I had our first dance on that dance floor twenty-five years ago this July. I had the surreal feelings of a death in my family; not understanding how life can go on. Somehow looking around, seemingly no-one taking notice. . . well, because of you, it's been a little easier.

Thank you,
Vig deBoeuf