Wednesday, May 24, 2006

just skip this

Time sure flies. I've been having a ball. Mostly. I wanted to write about all the cooking and parties I've done and had. . . but, oh well, it's too late now. I just couldn't find the story. Anyway,
Our friend Nearly Gay Nick was over on Friday, while Rolf and I prepared for a dinner party we were having on Saturday. I had been running an errand, so it was late when I got home and got started prepping the food – evidently notably without a drink. Rolf and I were working together, cleaning as we went and Nick said:

“Wait a minute. Something’s going on. A non-drinking Vig, a clean kitchen; it’s just freaky!”

But while I was out grilling eggplant, Rolf stopped short of handing me a glass of wine. It was odd.

“Did you want this? Oh, I’m sorry,” he said “Now I feel bad because I forgot that you quit drinking.”

“I didn’t quit. I just stopped being extreme,” I said, taking the glass of cold white wine.

Nick is single, divorced father of a 12 year old daughter. He’s cute too.

I was cooking for Memae's birthday. I made:

Mediterranean Greek yogurt dip w/ blanched asparagus and snow peas, and cucumber spears

Ciabatta w/ remaining marinade for dipping

Composed Salad of:
Prosciuto (paper thin Italian salt-cured ham)
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Buttermilk roasted red pepper dressing
Freshly Roasted Red Peppers marinated with Olive Oil, Balsamic, Garlic, Bay Leaves
Vine Ripe Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella
Chiffonade of purple basil
Drizzled with left over marinade

Roasted Fennel

Eggplant Rollotini (Grilled eggplant slices rolled around ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, basil, garlic mixture, topped w/ marinara) – like stuffed shells

Butterflied Flank Steak – Stuffed w/ Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

Tiramisu – made by Rolf
w/ caramel sauce made by me

Lemoncello & Sparkling Lemonade

So, that was fun. They loved it.

Then, our Straight Man moved out last weekend. I had a dinner party for him, with just SMJ, Tomas, Rolf, and I. I am a great cook, and it was all very simple, and wonderful.

So, whatever. . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home