Thursday, January 12, 2006

Live, Love, Forgive, and Never Give Up

Yesterday’s post was so bleak; I couldn’t see where it was headed after a while. All I wanted to observe was the irony that I left the church because my niece was dying, and now I’m clinging to it since my mom is sick. I don’t think it was worth the effort. (I mean the post!)

Anyway . . .

I had a blast at rehearsal last night. I’m still intimidated by the other boys, imagining that they all have jobs they love that enable them to have a life better than I do. If you don’t know me, let me tell you this: the only thing better about their lives than mine is that they don’t have depression!

I’m so happy to be in the show. We’ve learned the music and the choreography for the first third of the show. There was so much in one number last night, the number called “Undecided,” that I got to laughing hard and my face turned purple-y red everytime I couldn’t tell the difference between right and left. My head was about to blow off my neck. And you know, I don’t look so fat. I had some new jeans on, yes they're new because I can’t fit into the 32 inch waist pair, but still, it’s just a size 34 . . . and a baggy shirt. I'll lose a good bit of the 15 to 20 lbs. And I have great hair.

I am giddy with excitement that the WATCH Award Nominees will be announced on Sunday. I think that Ruthless! The Musical was the best show of 2005. And it’s not just because I directed it either. Well, there’s a little of that. But, the whole show (especially the book and music that Joal Paley and Marvin Liard created) really was the best of the year. Honestly, with something like that, it was hard to mess up! Let’s see who agrees with me!

I’m having a multi-purpose dinner party on Saturday night. I can’t wait! My production team and half the cast of Ruthless are coming, maybe my co-star, Alban, from La Cage Aux Folles, and Puck and Memae! Since Puck and Memae arrived from Phoenix, I haven’t introduced them to any of my friends. They’ve caught up with mutual friends from 20 years ago, but I’ve had a busy life since then. Four of my favorite people that they don’t know helped me with Ruthless, so with the timing of the WATCH Award Nominations, I decided to make it a Ruthless People Party, rather than an official Puck and Memae coming out party. (The other reason for the party, I cannot say, lest someone encourage others to bring gifts! DON'T.)

Not every cast member will make it, which is a real shame. Mostly I’m going to miss the guy who played Sylvia. But, hey if Alban comes (from La Cage . . .) he can stand in Sylvia’s place. Plus he’s Judy’s brother so . . . you don’t know who these people are . . . but, trust me, this could be a very fun night of Cosmopolitans, hors d’oeuvres, Proseco, Roast Turkey, dressing, root vegetables, pumpkin cheesecake, Kahlua cake; and good friends.

Now, about the drinking. Ick. I really don’t want to get loud and stupid at my party! On the other hand, I don't want to stand around and obsess that no one really likes me either, instead of talking and listening to my friends. But, if I should have the incredible honor to be named as a nominee for a WATCH Award on Sunday evening; I want no regrets. No wishing I had made it to church, no wishing that I had felt better at rehearsal, and no wishing that I didn’t have a hang over! I don’t want to celebrate with alcohol. As I have had a few alcohol free birthdays to celebrate my life, I want Sunday to be alcohol free, and not due to a hang-over; but because life just doesn't get any better than a moment like that. I want to savor it, even if I'm not nominated.

Oh, by the way, I left that church. Unity was a nice stop on a journey, but it got strange. I may have found a church home now. It is the church with the “God is Still Speaking” ad campaign that caused uproar when the television stations refused to air it because it showed bouncers blocking a gay couple from entering some other church. It’s called the United Christian Church.

Busy days ahead. Got to get crackin’.

All best wishes,

Vig

We live, we love. We forgive and never give up because the days we are given are gifts from above; and today we remember to live and to love. - Superchic[k]


1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You sound so much better than you did in your last post. I didn't quite know how to respond.
Sorry, I don't know much about depression.

You have a very exciting life, you know. I'm sending good thoughts and best wishes that you get the nomination.

All my best,
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home