Thursday, December 15, 2005

Wishing You Plaid Tidings

Hi -

I had my first rehearsal last night for Forever Plaid. I am really excited. I wonder what they thought of me. I was really quiet. Plus, I did have some difficulty with a passage. But, harmonically, my part is the hardest. If you are a musician you'll know, but if not you might relate if I said that a major chord is made of three pitches (on a 1-3-5 ratio, or every other note to the fifth note.) Well, my character, Frankie sings a fourth note, that doesn't exactly fit. It's the tension in the music . . . and it's delightfully difficult!

As the "Eternal Teenagers", I think we're all too old. And three of us are too fat. I really hope I can lose this weight. It's a constant struggle. The guy who is playing Jinx is attractive. Very tall and slim, with a barrel chest and furry arms. Just the type for some. He's done this show extensively in the past, so with two having done it before, the whole show should rise to a higher level.

Let me also mention the Music Director. He is also just the type for some. I know when Bemmy meets him, he's going to be infatuated. But, besides the nice package, he is a going to be a great music director. This is very challenging music, even for the accomplished singer. He's right on the money for catching tonal variances and out and out wrong notes.

So, here's a question that begs to be asked. What do you think about this: Since two of the Plaids are . . . from follicle challenged to just plain bald, do you think it'd be ok for one of the "eternal teenagers," (ie: me) to have grey hair? Or do I really have to color it again.

Of course I do.

Vig

Make the yuletide gay: (Fa La La.)

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger joey said...

Vig you know you'll color it. Either way you are still cute :).

I played Jinx once. I wasn't the cute one in the group though.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Vig said...

Ah, thanks Joey. What would life be without nice people like you. Yeah, I'll be coloring it. And it shouldn't be impossible to get these 13lbs off.

Vig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home