Friday, July 29, 2005

Tommy Live Thursday

My fabulous other, Rolf, came to see Tommy last night. I'm sure he nearly floated away on a stream of his own sweat. There was no air conditioning! Well, not until about 8PM. By the time they got it going, there were already 200 people in the house, and it was just too late. He could have picked a better night to be sure!

Not only was it *HOT*, but:

When Mrs. Walker's lover attacked me; the gun fell out of my pocket! I saw it, next to and behind the couch. When I threw the Lover across the stage, I picked it up as surreptitiously as I could, barely managing to kill him on cue. It would have been an interesting new story line if I hadn't recovered it! “I know I have a gun here somewhere. . .” I had a nightmare about having to fend off the dining room chair attack with a decorative pillow. “Take that, you!”

"What About the Boy” immediately follows. A great number for me and the MRS. Only, I didn’t seem to have a friggin mic on. And there wasn't a way to fix it either. Luckily, we had a master at the sound board. So even though I found the mic inside my clothes at my waist line, he was able to quickly adjust so that it picked me up pretty well.

During the quick change before all that, I had forgotten to move my prop cigarettes from my pants pocket to my shirt pocket. Then, while tucking in my shirt and tee shirt, I felt a snap that I knew wasn't right. But, it was time to go on! So I grabbed the gun and put it in my pocket and ran to make my big entrance.

That snap I felt was me pulling the mic off of my tie. And I soon discovered, there’s not room for both the gun and the cigarettes in my pocket.

Still, it was a very lucky night! If that the mic hadn’t fallen away, the audience would have clearly heard me say:

“Fuck, I've Lost the Goddamned Gun!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home