Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Here We Go Again

Well, vacation at Rehoboth was just what I needed. It was really wonderful, and the depression lifted. I was happily looking forward to getting home and getting a new job. Got to work early even, and made a good appearance at the board meeting. . .and then nothing. By the end of the day, just as depressed as I had been before. I'm going to have to get help. Drugs and talk therapy. Therapy is going to have to be during the week, and my therapist is in Reston. So, I don't know how to handle getting out of work every week for a meeting. Getting an appointment at lunch time may prove difficult. And then, of course, what do I say to the boss? Somehow announcing that I'm a suicidal alcoholic doesn't sound like a good career move.

I took a nice walk with d'Ohgy this morning. I'm trying to get more exercise to help with the depression and to lose weight. It was very nice to get up early, enjoy the summer morning, and make it to work on time. Rehearsals start again tonight for me.

I'm going to start applying for jobs this week, and also set up a counciling appointment. Wish me luck!

Thanks.
Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home