Friday, May 20, 2005

If you’re married, don’t argue in front of the divorcing lady.

My sister, Joy, and nephew, Russ, delivered our new dining room set last night. It’s perfect for us. It was perfect for her. But she has to sell the house and move since her husband left her. She’s buying a townhouse, and the set won’t fit.

At my house, whenever there’s company, a live showing of the Vig and Rolf show comes on. It’s live all-right, but it’s also a repeat, and it’s tired. I try and “change the channel” whenever it comes on. We start bickering because it’s fun for us to try and get our guests to take sides, but we don’t do it on purpose. As soon as I realize we’re doing it again, I make the same joke “Oh, look honey, the Vig and Rolf show is on again with another tired repeat. Let’s turn it off.”

I didn’t get that far last night. My sister bit her lip, and looked at the floor, and said “Ya’ll be nice to each other. You don’t know what you’ve got. At least you have somebody.” I said “Yeah, Rolf, its bad form to argue in front of the divorcing lady.” They laughed. She said “That’s right! It’s bad form.”

“More wine?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home