Saturday, April 05, 2008

It's 5:15 Saturday. I'm sitting outside looking at the lake. Couples and families, some with dogs, are walking on the trail, always stopping on the bridge to look at the lake. There is a small tree in bloom, but otherwise the trees have not leafed out yet, so the view of the lake is is clear. Most folk are wearing sweatshirts, but I'm sitting here in shorts, tee shirt and sandles. It's not cold. The sun is still shining, but soon it is going to rain.

Puck and Memae came over last night for dinner, cards, and guitar hero. That was a blast.

Rolf and I spent the afternoon working on the yard, which is a mess. But it will come together.

I went to the bank this morning with the Springfield Community Theatre folks this morning to sign new signature cards. We're planning our next season to include a 50th anniversary gala. It was the first that Frank had heard of it. He was one of the original members of the group, back in the 1950's. The funny thing is, he said this wasn't our 50th anniversary. Anita insisted that the group was incorporated in 1957, but he says that they didn't incorporate until much later. Oy. The 50th anniversary gala is the center of our resuscitation plan for SCT, and it might not make any sense.

We have a full board now. I'm directing the next show. It's a cabaret called Pet Pouri, Song Stories of People and Their Pets. I'm trying to put together a team for that now, and also for the following show I am directing, for another group, called The Musical of Musicals. So, theatre wise, I'm pretty busy.

I haven't seen my folks in quite a while. I feel guilty about that, so I'm going to go down tomorrow, maybe, and see how they are doing and check out the garden. I hope all the daffodils I've planted over the years are doing well.

Well, not much to say. I'll try and get back into the groove of blogging.

All the best,
Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home