Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Thursday night and I'm having a cup of tea. I resisted the urge to have a martini, and the urge to sweeten my tea with Frangelica. More Sex, More Friends, No Drinking Every Night - that's the new year's resolution. . . it's not going so great. Man, I drink a lot. Almost straight vodka. Martini's this week have been Vodka and Frangelica. And I do a shots of vodka too. Why??? It's fun. But so dumb.

Monday's my birthday. I'll be 45 years old. Hmm. I've taken the day off from work. I don't know what I'll do. If I just camp on the couch and watch the geese, birds, and squirels all day, that'd be ok. But I might go to the Smithsonian Museum. That sounds fun. Puck's not working, maybe she'll come along.

Rolf's on his way home from work. But there's no dinner tonight. He has geezerball, so he'll skip dinner. I need to pick up the house and get ready for a party on Saturday. It's my Christmas gift to the family. We're all going to see this really wild production of Romeo and Juliette. It's by Synetic. It's not ballet, it's not mime - but it is something entirely different. There's no words in the produciton, just movement and music. It's so cool, you wouldn't believe.

I'm making chicken stock now. I'm going to use it Saturday to cook greens in. And I'm making Meatloaf and Macaroni and Cheese too. Simple, but it will be gourmet.

Officer Cupcake, Russ's wife, doesn't like unusual food. So, I'm trying to impress her with my cooking with something she's used too.

Oh well. I should get started cleaning this house. I fired the maids, so the house hasn't been vacuumed in a month!

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Vig !!! You look good for 45, I hate you...hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home