Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I See Their Reflections in My Face

Ugh, the weather wouldn’t be so bad, if it didn’t hurt. This pressure system is wrecking havoc on my sinuses, and I just don’t feel well. Combine that with my job being terribly easy and boring, oh, and plus I just don’t do it – and it’s just not feeling like a “Beads. Flowers. Freedom. Happiness.” day.

I’ve got financial statements that are three days past due. So I’ve got to do that today . . . and I shouldn’t leave until they are done. It means settling the bank account – and with this sorry ass accounting system that I manage – it means a lot of data entry. Then I have to update the payables – I’m behind on some payments that I haven’t even gotten in the system yet – and so there’s more data entry. Once that is done, I can put my head back on and create the financial statements, analysis, create journal entries . . . the fun part.

But until then, ugh. So, I’m going to watch a movie in a tiny screen on my monitor, while I rather mindlessly type sums and other numbers. Or, if I can find it, I’d like to listen to Hair.

Ooooh! I don’t have that, but I have Elegies by William Finn. I was just talking to someone about directing it! I don’t remember ever buying it. Now, I wish I was home so I could listen to it loud. . . I guess it’s a headphone day.

I’m doing a double at lunch today- first weigh in at Weight Watchers, and then go to a step A.A. meeting. Whether I quit drinking or not; at least it helps me not abuse it so very much. I drank last night. Just because I was happy to be home and I wanted to be happier. Dumb. I am my own favorite drinking partner.

Rolf’s not feeling well either. He says he thinks he’s getting a cold. I think we have the same thing – sinusitis with accompanying irritated throats. I hope it doesn’t interfere with my hot sex plans at the beach!

Well . . . Elegies is playing, and I’m loving it. So, it’s time to get busy. I’m only three days and two and a half hours behind. Financial Statements used to take me a week. Now, I’m not even sweating it – five or six hours should do. We’ll see.

All the best,

Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home