Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Curtains! Bye-Bye Birdie! Rocky Horror! Rent! I hate you!

Auditions were fun, at least. But I only had five people. One had to audition early and can't make it to call-backs. Another was cast in Curtains, but hadn't excepted yet. And they wanted an answer last night! What do I care? At that point he was the only one to audition for the role of Jitter. And I told him he did a fine job, even if others did well, he'd be in the pool for consideration - but I couldn't do anything for him until after auditions tonight or call-backs tomorrow. I don't know what he's done.

So, today, instead of work I contacted everybody I was hoping would audition except for the ones already cast in Curtains and Bye-Bye Birdie. And they mostly said they were waiting to audition for Rocky Horror on Monday. And another is auditioning for Rent the following week.

Oh well. My choreographer suggested we hold additional auditions next week. Of course, my music director will be in Italy by then, and my audition pianist is playing for the Rent auditions.

Goodness! I thought there was such excitement about this show! But, I didn't know we were going against all those other shows at the same time! And I thought it was hard to find a music director, stage manager, and lighting designer!

Here we go again!

All the best,
Vig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home