Monday, December 24, 2007

Another year over, another just begun

So this is Christmas . . .

{sigh}

I'm at work until noon - then rush rush rush to get the presents wrapped, fresh pasta made, pack and get to Woodbridge for Church, Dinner, and present exchange with the folks. I made the pasta sauce yesterday, as well as butternut squash creme brule`, and roasted tomatoes. Now I need to prep the green beans and make fresh pasta for ten. And I still have to wrap the presents! Why am I at work!?

Rolf has been a doll. He finds great humor in my tendency to choke and cry during Christmas. Oh, it's so humiliating. We went to the First Baptist Church of Washington DC yesterday. I try to sing the Chrismas Carols and just choke and fight to breathe and not sob; it is so weird! I made it through and was able to sing most of the songs. The service was wonderful; I call the pastor "Dr. Rev. Hottie". It's a rather Episcopalian service, but they swear they are Baptists.

After church, Rolf and I went to the newly renovated Annie's Paramount Steakhouse for brunch - where I accidentally ordered the 6 inch sirloin and eggs, rather than the 6 ounce sirloin and eggs. And we were sharing a table with another couple we didn't know. Oh my God! It was so funny.

Then we had a fairly futile attempt to finish shopping before we went home so I could get the cooking and wrapping done - which I also didn't finish. Rolf went to NGN's to watch the Redskin's game. He's off today. Hopefully he will get out of bed and have his Christmas shopping done, and wrapped, plus the Apple Pie made; all before I get home at 12:30. But I won't hold my breath.

Now, how can I sneak out of the office to get a kitchen torch for the creme brul'ee?

Happy Christmas to you.

Vig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home